On the 21st of October 2020 there were 57,803 plugins on wordpress.org.
- OptinMonster has overtaken UpdraftPlus.
- Elementor has overtaken Google Analytics for WordPress.
- Jetpack has reached 200 million downloads.
- WordPress SEO total downloads has increased by 77 million in the past 12 months.
Total downloads: 4,653,582,090
On 16th September 2020 there were 57,403 plugins on wordpress.org.
- All-in-One WP Migration has been replaced by OptinMonster, at number 12.
- Elementor has moved up to 8, leaving All in One SEO Pack at 9.
- Wordfence has overtaken Akismet to get into the top 3.
- Over 500 plugins have been downloaded more than 1 million times.
- Apparently one plugin has been tested with WordPress 5.8!
Total downloads: 4,544,345,395
My first single block plugin is called SB Children block. I noticed there were quite a few blocks with the SB prefix.
On 19th August 2020 there were 57,086 plugins ( 57,013 officially ).
- That’s 100 fewer plugins than last month.
- The top 12 are still in the same order as July, June and May
- WooCommerce download has now exceeded 100 million.
- WordPress 5.5 was released on 11th August 2020.
- Over 4,000 plugins ( 7% ) have been tested with WordPress 5.5.
- and of those 32 require that version.
- 48% of all the plugins haven’t been rated.
- The next plugin to reach 10 million downloads will probably be WooCommerce Admin.
Total downloads: 4,438,512,436
Paul Tansom was looking for recommendations for free booking plugins.
Something for people to be able to book sessions for cycle repair (probably other things in time) for a community group (hence the free bit).
On 15th July 2020 there were 57,175 plugins.
- WooCommerce has nearly reached 100 million downloads
- The top 12 are still in the same order as June and May.
Total downloads: 4,321,308,689
On 14th June 2020 there were 56,743 plugins.
- WordPress SEO has recently exceeded a quarter of a billion downloads.
- The Top 12 are in the same order as in May.
- Two more plugins have reached 10 million downloads:
Total downloads: 4,222,132,145
At WordUp Pompey! last night, during questions after Steve Wood’s talk on Wordfence, another Steve asked about a page hit counter that suggested editing a file to add some code. He asked what Wordfence would do when it saw a changed file.
Steve hadn’t yet found a page hit counter he liked. So here’s a list.
On 15th May there were 56,321 plugins on wordpress.org.
- wp-super-cache dropped out of the top 12: to 14th.
- It was replaced by all-in-one-migration at 12 with optinmonster in 13th position.
- Positions 1 to 11 are unchanged – same order as February.
- WordPress SEO is one minor release away from a quarter of a billion downloads.
Less than half of the total plugins have been updated in the last 3 years.
On 15th April there were 55,805 plugins on wordpress.org.
- The top 12 are in the same order as in February.
- In recent weeks Wordfence exceeded 150 million downloads and Elementor 50 million.
- Over 5,000 plugins have been marked compatible with WordPress 5.4