On 16th September 2020 there were 57,403 plugins on wordpress.org.
- All-in-One WP Migration has been replaced by OptinMonster, at number 12.
- Elementor has moved up to 8, leaving All in One SEO Pack at 9.
- Wordfence has overtaken Akismet to get into the top 3.
- Over 500 plugins have been downloaded more than 1 million times.
- Apparently one plugin has been tested with WordPress 5.8!
Total downloads: 4,544,345,395
My first single block plugin is called SB Children block. I noticed there were quite a few blocks with the SB prefix.
On 19th August 2020 there were 57,086 plugins ( 57,013 officially ).
- That’s 100 fewer plugins than last month.
- The top 12 are still in the same order as July, June and May
- WooCommerce download has now exceeded 100 million.
- WordPress 5.5 was released on 11th August 2020.
- Over 4,000 plugins ( 7% ) have been tested with WordPress 5.5.
- and of those 32 require that version.
- 48% of all the plugins haven’t been rated.
- The next plugin to reach 10 million downloads will probably be WooCommerce Admin.
Total downloads: 4,438,512,436
Paul Tansom was looking for recommendations for free booking plugins.
Something for people to be able to book sessions for cycle repair (probably other things in time) for a community group (hence the free bit).
On 15th July 2020 there were 57,175 plugins.
- WooCommerce has nearly reached 100 million downloads
- The top 12 are still in the same order as June and May.
Total downloads: 4,321,308,689
On 14th June 2020 there were 56,743 plugins.
- WordPress SEO has recently exceeded a quarter of a billion downloads.
- The Top 12 are in the same order as in May.
- Two more plugins have reached 10 million downloads:
Total downloads: 4,222,132,145
At WordUp Pompey! last night, during questions after Steve Wood’s talk on Wordfence, another Steve asked about a page hit counter that suggested editing a file to add some code. He asked what Wordfence would do when it saw a changed file.
Steve hadn’t yet found a page hit counter he liked. So here’s a list.
On 15th May there were 56,321 plugins on wordpress.org.
- wp-super-cache dropped out of the top 12: to 14th.
- It was replaced by all-in-one-migration at 12 with optinmonster in 13th position.
- Positions 1 to 11 are unchanged – same order as February.
- WordPress SEO is one minor release away from a quarter of a billion downloads.
Less than half of the total plugins have been updated in the last 3 years.
On 15th April there were 55,805 plugins on wordpress.org.
- The top 12 are in the same order as in February.
- In recent weeks Wordfence exceeded 150 million downloads and Elementor 50 million.
- Over 5,000 plugins have been marked compatible with WordPress 5.4
On 8th February 2020 there were 55,609 plugins on wordpress.org. Will the number of new plugins added per day ever tail off?
- WP Super Cache has re-entered the chart at 12th, knocking OptinMonster down to 13th.
- Wordfence, still in 4th place, has almost made it to 150 million downloads.
- Nearly 60% of all plugins have not been tested past WordPress 4.9.