On the 16th June 2021 there were 58,718 plugins in the wordpress.org plugin repository.
- Wordfence has reached 200 million downloads.
- All-In-One WP Migration has entered the chart at 12, replacing Updraftplus
- 14 plugins have reached 50 million total downloads.
- 118 plugins already say they’ve been tested with WordPress 5.8.
Here’s the latest extract of plugins for 19th May 2021.
- Wordfence has just moved into 3rd place, dropping Akismet to 4th.
- There have been no other movements in the top 12 chart.
- 103 plugins added this month
- 63 plugins reckon they’ve been tested with WordPress 5.8
Here’s the latest extract of plugins for 21st April 2021.
- There have been no movements in this month’s top 12 chart.
- 217 plugins added this month.
- 7,800 plugins have been tested with WordPress 5.7
- 39 say they’ve been tested with WordPress 5.8. Not a good idea, as WordPress won’t update these plugins if they’re changed.
- The star rating of 2 of 5 is the least popular rating, given to only 2% of all plugins that have been rated.
Here’s the latest extract of plugins for 31st March 2021.
- 138 plugins have been added in the last two weeks; approximately 10 a day.
- Elementor has reached 100 million downloads.
On the 17th March 2021 there were 58,524 plugins on wordpress.org but the WordPress plugins page only reported 58,055.
Some changes in the top 12 chart…
- Really Simple SSL has come in at number 11. Up 3 from 14.
- Pushing All in one WP Migration off the chart.
- Elementor’s fast approaching 100 million total downloads.
- Four and a half thousand plugins have been tested with WordPress 5.7, released on 9th March.
On the 17th February 2021 there were 58,534 plugins on wordpress.org.
There’s been one change in the top 12 chart. All-in-one-wp-migration has pushed OptinMonster off 12th place, which has dropped to 14th, below Really Simple SSL.
The total downloads of Yoast SEO ( aka WordPress SEO ) just exceeded 300 million. That’s over 70 million dowloads in the last 12 months.
- 70 million downloads in a year is an enormous figure.
- Only 10 plugins have achieved 70 million in total.
- Yoast SEO’s average downloads a month is 5.8 million.
- Only 111 plugins of 58,434 have achieved that figure in their lifetime .
- Per day that’s just over 190 thousand.
- 1885 plugins have achieved this total in their lifetime.
- 95% of all plugins haven’t reached this figure.
Here’s last year.
It’s pretty amazing really. Here are the last few days. Note the big spike today – version 15.8 was released 11 hours ago. Downloads so far today are 1.2 million.
These are the figures for the extract taken at 11 am (UTC) on the 19th January.
Total downloads: 4,979,794,242
Top 12 plugins – total downloads and active
Grouped by total downloads
WordPress version compatibility
On the 16th of December 2020 there were 58,121 plugins on wordpress.org. Or 57,993… depending on where you looked.
- Akismet and Wordfence have swapped positions again. With Wordfence up to 3rd.
- And Updraft Plus has overtaken OptinMonster in 11th place.
- Six plugins have achieved more than 100 million downloads.
- Fewer than 6% of the plugins have been tested with WordPress 5.6.
- Just over a quarter have been tested with this year’s WordPress releases: 5.4, 5.5 & 5.6.
- 69 plugins have been downloaded more than 10 million times.
- The twenty most popular words used in plugin names are: wp, for, woocommerce, widget, post, wordpress, simple, custom, plugin, and, by, to, posts, image, form, easy, page, social google and admin. Used between 5000 and 750 times.
quiz appears 51 times on its own and 24 times as part of other words. eg quizzes – 5 and quizz – 3 times.
- For some reason, in today’s extract, Google XML Sitemaps appears twice – in positions 21 and 22.
Total downloads: 4,907,197,347